In addition to consultation and patient care, the UCLA & Neurobehavior Program conducts research on these neurological conditions.
- Early-Onset Alzheimer’s Disease Phenotypes: Neuropsychology and Neural Networks
- Social Behavior and Emotion in Frontotemporal Dementia, Alzheimer's Disease and Controls (ClinicalTrials.gov ID: NCT01147679)
- Language Loss in Bilingual Dementia Patients
- Early Onset Dementia: An Alzheimer's Disease vs. Non-Alzheimer's Disease Comparison
Through our collaborations with other UCLA researchers, we also refer to clinical drug trials and explorations of the genetics, neuropathology, and longitudinal course of these conditions.
For more information about research please call Randy Desarzant at (310) 478-3711 ext. 43621.
- Mendez MF, Lauterbach EC, Sampson SM; Committee on Research. An Evidence-Based Review of the Psychopathology of Frontotemporal Dementia: A Report of the ANPA Committee on Research. Clin Neurosci 2008;20:130-149.
- Mendez MF, Cummings JL. Dementia: A Clinical Approach, Third Edition. Butterworth-Heinemann (Elsevier), Philadelphia, PA, 2003 (ISBN: 0750674709).
- Gorno-Tempini ML, et al. Classification of primary progressive aphasia and its variants. Neurology. 2011 Mar 15;76(11):1006-14.
- Mendez MF. Frontotemporal Dementia: Therapeutic Interventions. In Giannakopoulos P and Hof P (eds), Dementia in Clinical Care. Frontiers of Neurology and Neuroscience. Karger, Basel, Switzerland.